Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Getting started.....

A little about us....

Nunnie's Place is a small quaint restaurant offering home cooked comfort food at affordable prices. We have a full time chef, affectionately known as Chefy, and myself who some people refer to as Nunnie, much to my daughter's dismay. As she says "there was only one Nunnie" and I have to admit she's right, there was. We also have a few part-time waitresses to help out on the really busy days.
Owning a restaurant is simply a dream come true for me. The hours are long and the work is hard, but the amount of joy it brings to my life cannot be described in words. I have had many people tell me in the past 19 months how crazy I am for getting into the food business, but the journey has been worth it. I knew absolutely nothing of the restaurant business when I started (biggest reason why I hired a chef), and can honestly say I learn something every day. All I really knew was that I have a heart or passion for food, love to cook and try new recipes, and wanted to share that love with people. And I can say that it gives me real pleasure to see the looks on our customers faces when they taste our food. One of my biggest compliments came the other day when a frequent customer said that "eating at Nunnie's is like having breakfast in a friends kitchen." It was a wonderful feeling because that was one of the things we set out to accomplish!
Welcome to Nunnie's Place.....I hope you'll visit often.

2 comments:

  1. A group of us rubber stamp ladies visited Nunnie's Place in April 2010 not knowing who the "owner" was and I was thrilled to see my friend, Renee. Nunnie's Place is a home away from home and the food is fantastic. We continue to visit during our stamping weekends and now my husband visits with me. The atmosphere is homey and the food is Mom's cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just playing around trying to make sure that posting a comment works.

    ReplyDelete