Monday, November 8, 2010

Some more of my favorite things......

Here are some more of our breakfast items along with one of my favorites....scones.
Italian Breakfast with Italian toast   
2-2-2 (2 eggs, 2 sausage patties, 2 slices of bacon) with wheat toast

Italian Scramble with Italian toast 


On Saturday and Sunday mornings I make scones. I have to admit.....I LOVE scones. It took me a while to find the "perfect" recipe, and from the number of scones we sell, I think I might have found it. I like to experiment with the flavors so you never know what we'll have. Here are a few pictures, but I have to say the pictures don't do them justice. you'll just have to come and try them yourself.
Currant scones with cinnamon and sugar 

Cranberry Pecan (bottom) and Cinnamon Chip (top)
Raspberry Almond with almond drizzle
Makes me hungry just looking at them!

Today's blog post is in memory of one of Nunnie's Place's regular customers, Ed Keller, who passed away this weekend. Our deepest sympathies to his wife Debbie and their family. We will surely miss you Ed! Tell the waitresses in heaven that you like your toast with extra, extra butter and double bleu cheese on the salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment